Tuesday 12 November 2013

1 mile down...25 to go!

As pledged in the previous blog post I went out for my first training run this morning! It's the first time in several months that I have done any proper exercise so it was definitely a shock to the system and a rude awakening to what lies ahead! I was feeling really chuffed with myself when I came home and honestly thought I'd run for 2-3 miles. After mapping the run it turns out it was only a meagre 1.48 miles...

My meagre 1.48 mile run this morning!

Well...as they say: every journey begins with a single step so I guess it's a pretty good start!



Here's some photographic proof that I made it out this morning (for the more observant reader you may notice that my running trousers are on back to front...yes, I was so tired when I left that I put my trousers on the wrong way round. Such a classy runner.) ...Roly was at the door to greet me upon my return, he even gave me a double high five to say well done! Thanks Roly. 

Red faced after 1 mile... 
Thanks once again to those who have sponsored us. It really is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment